Wells Fargo is a leading financial institution in the United States. It operates both locally and internationally. The bank has been around for quite a while.Wells Fargo is ranked as the second bank globally in terms of market capitalization. It is a convenient way to conduct international wire transfers. The purpose of this guide is to explain how to use the Wells Fargo routing number and its wire transfer services for both international and domestic transfers. Read carefully to avoid making any mistakes during a wire transfer.
Wells Fargo Routing Number & SWIFT Code
The Wells Fargo routing number is 121000248. It is used to make wire transfers within the United States. All the wire transfers through this number are handled through the Fedwire system or the Clearing House Interbank Payments System (CHIPS). For international transfer, you will require the ban’s SWIFT code. The code is WFBIUS6S. To use this code to send funds, ensure the receiving bank has an agreement in place with Wells Fargo. The SWIFT platform works when two banks have an existing agreement. Check for such details before initiating a transfer.
Wells Fargo routing number: 121000248
Wells Fargo swift code: WFBIUS6S
Wells Fargo Wire Transfers Instructions
To send money via wire transfer to a Wells Fargo account, you need to be very careful. A wire transfer is irreversible. You should also note that the daily cutoff time for incoming transfers is at 5:30 pm Central Time. All other requests are pushed to the next day after the cutoff. Here is how you do it:
- Confirm the Wells Fargo routing number. If you are in a foreign country, you will need to use the bank’s SWIFT code.
- Fill in the account number for the Wells Fargo account.
- Ensure you fill in the account title. It can be found on your account statement.
- Fill in the account address. Ensure that you include both the city and the state in your wire transfer request. If successful, the receiving account will have to incur a $15 charge for all wire transfers.
To use the Wells Fargo online portal to receive funds, follow these instructions:
- Visit the Wells Fargo home page and click on the Sign On link at the top of the page.
- Fill in your Username and Password.
- Go to Transfer & Pay and then WF SurePay. Follow the steps to finish the process.
- Register the email address or phone number used by the sender to get the funds sent to your account.
Useful Info & Links
The Wells Fargo process of sending and receiving funds is quite simple. However, the bank has made it even simpler by providing this easy-to-understand guide. Read it carefully to understand all the requirements for sending funds successfully whether domestically or internationally. If you have any further issues, you can contact customer support at www.wellsfargo.com/help/. Additionally, the bank has provided detailed explanations about wire transfers on FAQs. Take your time to go through all of them to make the use of Wells Fargo wire transfer services much easier.