UFCU is a federally insured bank with locations all across Texas. They offer an impressive selection of financial products. Some of those include checking accounts, savings accounts, credit cards, and mortgages. UFCU also has one routing number. You can use the UFCU routing number in combination with your account number for things like direct deposits, ACH debits, and wire transfers. This article is going to provide instructions on how to complete a wire transfer using your UFCU routing number and account number.
UFCU Routing Number & SWIFT Code
The routing number is used to establish your bank’s identity in relation to other financial institutions. Sometimes, this number is also referred to as an ABA. The routing number for UFCU is 314977405.
In addition, to receive international wire transfers a SWIFT code is necessary. This code identifies participating financial institutions to foreign banks. At this time, UFCU does not currently have a SWIFT code. To receive an international transfer, you need to use a correspondent bank in the United States. Below we will detail the wire instructions for UFCU accounts.
UFCU Wire Transfers Instructions
Currently, UFCU does not support sending or receiving international wire transfers. The instructions below will detail how to send a wire transfer from your UFCU account.
1) Begin by signing into your account. Enter your “Account” and “‘Password”. Next, click “Log In”. You can find the login screen at www.ufcu.rog
2) Next, you will need to fill out an online form and create a digital signature. The signature is created after answering certain security questions to establish your identity.
3) Now, you will need to fill out the receiver’s information. This information includes their full name, address, bank routing number, and account number.
4) Confirm all the information is correct and submit the wire transfer request.
In order to receive a transfer, you will need to provide certain information. Be sure to provide them with the following.
- Your financial institution name (University Federal Credit Union Austin, Texas.)
- Routing number for UFCU (314977405)
- Member’s name
- Account number
- Full address (Address and member name must match what is on record for the account holder exactly)
Since UFCU does not have a SWIFT code, it cannot receive an international transfer directly. In order to receive an international wire transfer, you must provide all of the above information to the sender. In addition, you need to instruct the sender to notify their bank to use a correspondent U.S. bank to complete the transfer. The transfer will then be completed as normal using the correspondent bank in the U.S.
UFCU currently charges $12 for domestic wire transfers. The fee for receiving a wire transfer is $3. Wire transfers are currently able to be sent using a checking account and complete the same day if sent by 1:30pm CST. As a result, canceling a wire transfer is not possible once the transfer has completed.
Useful Info & Links
Sending and receiving wire transfers is easy using your UFCU routing number and account number. Simply follow the instructions detailed above to complete the transfer. UFCU has instructions you can provide to a person sending you a transfer. In addition, member services can be reached at 1-800-252-8311 if you have any further questions.