Updated in June 2018.
M&T is a bank that is committed to the communities it serves. They provide a broad range of financial services to their clients. Some of their financial products include checking & savings accounts, investment accounts, and mortgages. There is also an M&T online banking service. The M&T online banking feature is a great way to access your account online. They have both a website and mobile apps for you to use. This article is going to detail the M&T online banking login steps for both.
M&T Online Banking Login Instructions
Accessing your M&T account from their website is quick and easy. Online account access allows you to check your balance, complete transfers, manage automatic bill pay, and more. Simply follow the instructions below to get signed into your account.
- Visit their online login portal located at onlinebanking.mtb.com.
- Enter your “User ID” in the first field.
- Enter your “Passcode” in the second field.
- Click the “Log In” button to be directed to your account summary.
If you don’t have an online banking account with M&T Bank just yet, you have to enroll first. Here’s how:
- Go to onlinebanking.mtb.com.
- Under the login credentials boxes, click the “Enroll Now” button.
- On the next page, select the type of account you want to enroll for. You will be asked to provide more information related to your M&T Bank card depending on the selection you make.
- Click “Next” to move to the Agreement part of the enrolling process.
- Fill in all requested information to move forward with the enrollment.
M&T Mobile Login Instructions
- Visit M&T Bank’s online banking login portal at onlinebanking.mtb.com.
- In the first empty field, enter your “User ID.”
- In the second empty field, enter your “Passcode.”
- Tap “Log In” to sign into your account.
M&T Mobile Login Instructions for Apple Devices
- Download the M&T Mobile Banking application from the iTunes Store.
- Once the download completes, tap the app icon on your phone.
- Enter your “‘User ID” and “Passcode”.
- Tap the “Log in” button to complete the process and access your account.
M&T Mobile Login Instructions for Android Devices
- Go to Google Play Store and download the M&T Mobile Banking app for your device.
- Open the app by taping the M&T app icon.
- The M&T online banking login screen should pop up immediately.
- Write your User ID and Passcode in the respective fields.
- Tap “Log In” to complete the process.
M&T Online Banking Login Issues
Generally, accessing your online account is trouble-free. However, at times, you may encounter issues like forgotten passcodes and locked accounts. To reset your passcode, simply visit the M&T password reset page. There, input your User ID and Social Security Number (for personal accounts) or Tax Identification Number (for business accounts) to move forward with the password reset process.
Keep in mind that in order to complete the process, you will also need either your Mortgage account number, M&T Debit, ATM, or Credit Card, or your security questions.
If you cannot remember your user ID, you can contact M&T online customer service at 1-800-790-9130. They are available Monday through Friday from 8 AM to 9 PM, and Saturday to Sunday from 9 AM to 5 PM ET. M&T customer service representatives can also answer many different account questions.
Useful Details and Links
M&T is full of resources that are designed to help you get the most out of online banking. You can learn more about M&T online banking services by watching their online banking video tutorials. They detail some of the features that online banking offers.
Following the steps outlined in this guide will get you signed into your account quickly and easily. If you run into any issues with the M&T online banking login process, use the resources and contact information below to get in touch with M&T Bank.
M&T Online Banking Customer Service Phone Number: 1-800-790-9130
M&T Online Banking for Business Customer Service Phone Number: 1-800-724-6070
M&T Bank Contact Us Page
M&T Bank Locations
M&T Bank Help Center
M&T Bank Facebook and Twitter
Recommended Login Guide: First Niagara Bank Online Banking Login