Updated in May 2018.
Headquartered in Cincinnati, Ohio, Fifth Third Bank has over 1,300 locations throughout the Midwest and the South. This institution offers online access to various banking services. In this guide, we will explain the Fifth Third Bank online banking login process for computers and mobile devices. Using their online banking service, you will be able to check your balance from anywhere in the world. You can also set up transfers, download reports, and even make requests for new checks and other essentials.
Fifth Third Bank Online Banking Login Instructions
The process of logging into your Fifth Third Bank account online is straightforward. The steps are as follows for desktop browsers:
- Go to the Fifth Third Bank website at www.53.com.
- Click on the green LOG IN button in the upper right-hand corner.
- Select ‘online banking’ from the drop-down menu that appears.
- Enter your user ID in the first field.
- Enter your password in the second field.
- Click the LOG IN button again to complete your Fifth Third Bank login process.
If you’re a first time user, you have to register for the Fifth Third online banking service first. Here are the steps you have to follow:
- Visit www.53.com.
- Click on the LOG IN button in the top right corner of the page.
- Click Register under the login credentials fields.
- Answer the questions on the next pages to see how to register for an account.
Fifth Third Bank Mobile Login Instructions
It’s also possible to log into your Fifth Third Bank account on your mobile device. You can do this by opening your preferred browser and visiting the Fifth Third Bank website, or by downloading and installing the Fifth Third Bank app from the iTunes Store or Google Play Store. Just below are login instructions for the mobile website.
- Go to the Fifth Third Bank website linked above.
- Tap on the LOG IN button in the upper corner of the page.
- Choose ‘online banking‘ as the default option.
- Input your user ID and password in the text boxes below it.
- Tap LOG IN to access your Fifth Third Bank account.
Fifth Third Bank Mobile Login Instructions for Apple Devices
- Go to the iTunes Store and download the Fifth Third Mobile Banking app for your iPhone or iPad.
- Install the app on the Apple device of your choice.
- Tap on the app icon to open it.
- Enter your username and password.
- Choose whether you want to have the app remember your login information for a future Fifth Third Bank login.
Fifth Third Bank Mobile Login Instructions for Android Devices
- Go to Google Play.
- Click on the ‘install’ button to download the Fifth Third Mobile Banking app for Android tablets or phones.
- Tap the app on your Android device to open it.
- Input your username and Fifth Third Bank password to log in.
Fifth Third Bank Online Banking Login Issues
If you are having trouble logging into your online account, it could be that you are using the wrong password or username. After three attempts, you may be locked out, and need to contact customer service to unlock your online account again.
If you can’t remember your Fifth Third Bank password, you can click on ‘Forgot Password‘ under the drop-down menu that appears when you click on the LOG IN button on the Fifth Third website. This allows you to choose a new password by entering your user ID.
If you cannot remember your user ID, keep in mind that this can be any of the following: your card number (ATM Card, Debit MasterCard, or Prepaid Card), the customer ID you’ve created, or your SSN (9 digits).
If you still cannot get into your account, your security settings may be so high that they block the login window from popping up. Go into your web browser’s security settings and create an exception for the Fifth Third website to solve this issue.
Useful Details and Links
Fifth Third Bank customers have multiple options when it comes to logging into their online banking accounts. They can use a personal computer, cell phone, or another mobile device. There are even special Android and Apple apps developed for Fifth Third Bank login.
Should you run into any problems during the Fifth Third Bank login process, you can visit the Fifth Third Bank Customer Service page for more assistance. You can also reach their customer service department at 1-800-972-3030. Here are some more useful contact details you might need:
Recommended Read: Peoples Bank Online Banking Login