Since 1867, the Bank of Stockton has been providing banking services to the people of California. Their features include personal banking, business banking, loans, and wealth management. These useful services can be accessed from their website. In this article, we will tell you everything you need to know about the Bank of Stockton online banking login process. We will tell you the steps for signing in from a computer or smartphone, and our guide will also help you to fix some common login problems. You can also use this article to find out how to contact the bank if necessary.
Bank of Stockton Online Banking Login Instructions
Follow these steps whenever you want to sign in to your account with the Bank of Stockton.
- Visit the Bank of Stockton website at www.bankofstockton.com.
- Look on the left side of the page for a field labeled “Login to your accounts.”
- Select the area you would like to login to from the drop down menu.
- Write your user ID in the field that says “User ID.”
- Click the dark blue “Login” button.
- Enter your password in the field that says “Password.
- Click on the grey button labeled “Submit” to finish logging in.
Bank of Stockton Mobile Login Instructions
The Bank of Stockton also has a mobile version of their website that looks just like the normal one. You can use the normal Bank of Stockton online banking login steps in a mobile web browsing app to sign in from a phone.
- Open the Bank of Stockton website, www.bankofstockton.com.
- Open the Bank of Stockton online banking login form.
- Enter your user ID in the first field of the form.
- Tap the “Login” button proceed.
- Enter your password in the following field.
- Tap “Submit”to complete the Bank of Stockton login procedure.
Smartphone users also have the option of signing in to the Stockton app. The mobile banking app from Bank of Stockton has useful options like mobile bill pay and security alerts. You can follow these guides to sign in to your account from the Bank of Stockton app.
Bank of Stockton Mobile Login Instructions for Apple Devices
- Download the Bank of Stockton app from the iTunes app store.
- Tap the blue and gold icon to open the app once it finishes installing.
- Click the “Touch ID” option and press your finger to the screen to login if desired, or just skip to step 4 to sign in normally.
- Enter your online banking User ID in the box that says “Login ID.”
- Type your password in the field labeled “Password.”
- Tap the “Remember Me” button to save your login information if desired.
- Click the gold button that says “Log In.”
Bank of Stockton Mobile Login Instructions for Android Devices
- Go to the Google Play store and download the Stockton app for Androids.
- Open the app by clicking the blue and gold icon.
- Place your user ID in the “Login ID” field.
- Write your Bank of Stockton online banking password in the “Password” field.
- Select the “Remember Me” option if you want to store your login.
- Tap the login button.
Bank of Stockton Online Banking Login Issues
If you forget your password, go to the password entry portion part of the login and click the “Forgot your password?” link. This will redirect you to an area where you can reset your password and access your account. If the bank tells you that you need to enter a secure access code for additional security, check your email to find this code. The Bank of Stockton recommends that customers use the latest version of Safari, Firefox, Edge, Chrome, or Internet Explorer to avoid technical errors. If you still cannot login, get in touch with the bank by calling 1-800-399-2265.
Useful Details & Links
Learn more about the Bank of Stockton online banking login processes and other features by browsing their Internet and Mobile Banking web page. They have a Frequently Asked Questions section that can provide information about the bank’s services. If you would like to learn anything else about the Bank of Stockton, call their customer service at 1-800-399-2265 between 7 AM and 7 PM on weekdays. You can also reach the bank outside of business hours by logging in to your account and sending a message through the conversation center area of the online banking site.